SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
The Directors and Management of Sunshine Coast Helicopter Tours are committed to providing safe, healthy and environmentally sound working conditions and the highest level of safety awareness and practice within the Company, with the goal of achieving an accident-free workplace through the implementation of and adherence to an enhanced Safety Management System.
To this end, the Company’s culture is based on the principles of continual improvement, training, vigilance, prevention and open communication.
Each and every person within the Company has an integral role to play in achieving success with our Safety Management System which is conveyed to all relevant parties.
The single most important element of any Safety Management System is the support and commitment of Senior Management.
Sunshine Coast Helicopter Tours' Directors and Management confirm their commitment to:
- Develop and embed a safety culture in all our aviation activities that recognises the importance and value of effective aviation safety management and acknowledges at all times that safety is paramount;
- Clearly define for all employees their accountabilities and responsibilities for the development and delivery of aviation safety strategy and performance;
- Minimise the risks associated with aircraft operations to a point that is as low as reasonably practicable/achievable;
- Ensure that externally supplied systems and services that impact upon the safety of our operations meet appropriate safety standards;
- Actively develop and improve our safety processes;
- Comply with and, wherever possible, exceed legislative and regulatory requirements and standards;
- Ensure that all employees are provided with adequate and appropriate aviation safety information and training, are competent in safety matters and are only allocated tasks commensurate with their skills;
- Ensure that sufficient skilled and trained resources are available to implement safety strategy and policy;
- Establish and measure our safety performance against realistic objectives and/or targets;
- Achieve the highest levels of safety performance in all our aviation activities;
- Continually improve our safety performance;
- Conduct safety and management reviews and ensure that relevant action is taken; and
- Ensure that the application of effective aviation safety management systems is integral to all our aviation activities, with the objective of achieving the highest levels of safety standards and performance.